The Dante Lisboa Center
The Centro Dante in Lisbon is a cultural center with the main objectives of spreading the Italian language and culture and strengthening ties between Italy and Portugal.
The Dante Lisboa Center was created in partnership with the Dante Alighieri Society Headquarters (recognized by the Italian State since 1893 with the aim of protecting and spreading the Italian language and culture throughout the world), and from the beginning as part of the new project of the same Society, the Dante.global, which also includes the participation of the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
The center’s team is made up of Italian teachers, all of whom are native speakers and all of whom have significant experience as heads of various areas of other committees of the Dante Alighieri Society.
Our main areas of activity are:
– Teaching the Italian language at all levels of the European reference framework (targeting the general public of any age and professionals from various sectors).
– Promotion of Italian language certification according to Italian regulations.
– Programs to study Italian language and culture, with the aim of promoting a closer knowledge of Italy.
– Sector courses aimed at the general public of any age and professionals from various sectors: hotels and tourism, cinema and theater, music and singing, law, fashion, gastronomy, etc.
– Help for students interested in study or internship experiences in Italy.
– Cultural and general activities to spread the Italian language and strengthen links between Portugal and Italy, also through sectoral initiatives.